Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Foul Hideous Creature: Aristoff Box-Pressed Maduro (Piramide)

This note is basically a reminder to myself to stay away from these admittedly nice-looking and otherwise well-constructed sludge poles.

They simply taste hideous. Dead-cat, old-socks hideous. Foul, rotten, run-from-your-brother's-breath hideous.

What else can I say? Some cigars just rub me the wrong way. I put this one out after 15 minutes, lit up my last remaining CAO Italia Novella, and had a great little 40-minute party.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a box of the CAO Italia and they are great cigars, however, you really missed the boat on the Aristoff Box-Press Maduro. I found it to be a wonderful tasty smoke. Purchased a box and was impressed enough to re-order before the April 1, 2009 tobacco tax increase.

When I read a bad review of a good cigar, I just wonder if the reviewer is a novice with a tin pallet or perhaps a CAO employee. This cigar has my approval and you should go to your B&M and at least try one.

Anonymous said...

No, I'm not a CAO employee. And you may notice I don't advertise or get "free samples" from the distributors in return for a nice review on my site.

Glad you love your Aristoffs, Mr. Anonymous. Maybe I had a bad apple. I'll try another one and see if I like it.

Anyway let's get some perspective: A review is just an opinion. My God man, just sit back and enjoy the ride. Nobody's gonna hurt your favorite cigars... Least of all my humble little blog...

Anonymous said...

Aritoff are fantastic, been smoking them for a while

garth said...

This cigar looks extremely good, sporting a silky, shiny wrapper with very thin veins The flavors taste blunted, sort of bitter/sweet.

gurkha cigars