Thursday, October 15, 2009

RP I-Press: Earthy as it Gets

You never know what to expect with a Rocky. I figured the RP I-Press would be a subdued smoke due to its length and the fact that it is box-pressed.

Not so. This is a powerful maduro cigar with a strong flavor kick. Question is whether you will enjoy this particular flavor, which I would describe as deep, stark and earthy, and just on the border of souring into charcoal.

You may love this cigar or hate it, depending on your tolerance for peat, yard-leaf and the like. It has a coarse, middle-brow quality rather than one of refinement. If you are in a coal-shoveling, stoke-up-the-furnace kind of mood, it might just be what you're looking for.

Compares favorably to:
----------------

2 comments:

Peter said...

Honestly I never had a RP cigar before. But after I look at the shape of RP I-Press, it look fake to me (I don’t know about others people). Only my thoughts…

Monica said...

My father loves smoking. Next week is his birthday so that it sounds good to have this type of cigar for him. But, is it still available now? Where should I get it?