Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Puros Indios Puritos Candela

If you are looking for a VERY small cigar that tastes good and burns fairly cool, the Puros Indios Puritos Candela (4.0" x 30") is about as good as they come. I can safely say I've never smoked a better 30-ring cigar. Usually I won't touch anything below 38, but a friend gave me this and I figured, what the hell.

What a pleasant skinny surprise. You actually register some of the grassy, peppery flavors you would expect from a thicker-ringed Candela. Perfect for walking the dog or just having a quick smoke on a cold winter's night. What might otherwise seem hot or harsh feels just right when you're drawing cold outdoor air in along with the smoke. The mixture comes out just right on your palate.

After finishing one of these last night, I pulled out a 50-ring Padron and it just didn't work in the low temperatures. It tasted like cardboard. I wished I'd had another Puritos.

Try a Puritos Candela on a cold winter day. You might end up buying a box of 50 - which you can find at Cigars International for 20 bucks. That's a great price for a cigar that tastes better than anything you can buy in a drugstore.

No comments: