Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Little Cigar, Big Mistake

In my ongoing search for the perfect short-duration don't-freeze-your-ass-off-in-winter cigar, I fumbled at my local cigar shop and bought a five-pack of H. Upmann Demi-Tasse naturals (4.5 x 33 ring), rather than doing the sensible thing and buying just one to check it out. In the flash of poor decision-making, I deferred to my obedience-to-authority upbringing and assumed that what was presented as a package, must be purchased as a package.

Friends, don't make this mistake. By mistake, I mean: 1) Don't buy or smoke H. Upmann Demi-Tasse cigars and 2) Don't ever buy five cigars without asking if you can buy just one first. It's a cigar shop, for crying out loud. They'll break open the pack.

Short review: H. Upmann Demi-Tasse, bad little cigar. Even giving it a 5 point handicap on a 10-point scale (because small cigars are always at a disadvantage) this little miscreant would get only a 6, and that simply because it burns evenly and produces hefty smoke.

But what cigarillo doesn't? The real issue here is that the smoke is yucky and bitter, flat and flavorless. Today I mentioned my disappointing experience with this tin-stick to a colleague at work and he merely said, oh, no, never H. Upmann! They're all bad!

So now I've got 4 of these stinky little lizards sitting in my humidor. Anybody want a cheap cigar?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only Upmann I've had any luck with is the Vintage Cameroon. You might want to give that one a shot. As for little cigars... anything smaller than a petite corona is probably not worth your time. If I may, I humbly recommend the Rocky Patel Sun Grown PC. A good full flavored 20 minute smoke.

Anonymous said...

After further review, the RP SG PC might be a little on the pricey side. Also consider the little Tropical Fever cigars at Holts... dandy little smokes for cheap cheap cheap.

little cigars said...

More people want to buy cigars online because with this we get rid of taxes. It also offers us cheap cigars so we can save our money and time. Online stores have unlimited stock .No more tension of waiting in line and hoping that your favorite brand of cigarettes is not sold out.