Thursday, July 17, 2008

Another Montecristo Snorer

Two words regarding the Montecristo Media Noche Edmundo: DON'T BOTHER.

It draws well, burns well, and looks good in your hand. Fine, if that's all you care about in a cigar. Because despite its tantalizingly dark appearance, this super-fat robusto has absolutely no flavor. Not harsh, not bitter, not charcoaly, not burnt-toasty, not shockingly horrible. Just bland. Nothing.

I doused it out at midpoint. It wasn't going to get any better.

A long time ago I tried the Montecristo White, one of the world's wimpiest and most overrated cigars. And now that I've had its opposite, the supposedly high-powered Media Noche, I'll never smoke another one of these preposterously overpriced status symbols again. Don't even try giving me a Montecristo. I won't take it. Give it to your dog.

Two words to describe the whole line of non-Cuban Montecristos: BOR-ING.

Maybe the Cubans do it better. One can only hope.

No comments: