Monday, July 28, 2008

RP Cuban Blend: Decent Mid-Priced Offering

It's safe to say that Rocky Patel seldom sells a bad cigar, and that his price points usually mirror the quality of his products.

The Rocky Patel Cuban Blend (natural wrapper, toro size) is no exception. It's a medium-priced cigar with medium-priced performace - reliable in construction and burn, as all Rockies I've encountered, but lacking the out-of-body experience you might expect from one of his top-shelf blends.

The medium-bodied RP Cuban Blend burns well with a nice relaxed draw, and produces a spicy aroma. The flavor was nothing special, similar in character to an RP Sun Grown but not quite as rich. The development was minimal, maintaining a steady fullness and satisfying volume of smoke all the way through. It turned bitter before the nub, leaving about 1.5 inches unused.

A decent cigar for the $2.50 sale price I paid, but not a mind-blower.

2 comments:

Zane said...

I think the Cuban Blend is a Famous Exclusive. Not to mention the visually appealing at the cigar. But my friend told me that the quality of Rocky Patel Cuban Blend has gone down, along with the other selections of Rocky Patel. As for myself, I have no complaints.

Margaret said...

My husband is a big fan of cigars. And in my opinion, the high price is not a problem for my husband, because the most important is the quality of its products. And I think cigars are sold by Rocky Patel is highly qualified. And my husband is happy with the results of its products.