Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Boxer Rebellion

Rocky Patel continues to impress me with his lesser-known, underacknowledged cheapo brands routinely coming out of the jungle to kick the asses of better-equipped and better-marketed regimes.

The Indian Tabac Maduro (boxer size, i.e. short robusto) is yet another example. It is an excellent cheap maduro (and I mean CHEAP - $45 for a box of 25) with a full, cool, straightforward bossy flavor, plenty of dark, dusky smoke, and a nice crackling burn and draw. Frankly I enjoyed this little fireplug more than Camacho's latest trophy, the Triple Maduro. That's saying quite a lot, since the Camacho costs six times as much.

Folks, I guess I'm just a hick from the other side of the tracks, with working class tastes to boot. Every time I smoke an expensive cigar, I get bored. Then I get all excited about the cheapies.

Go figure.

And go buy yourself a box of Indian Tabac Maduros. Or a five-pack, if you're an underfunded schlub like me. You won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks for this review. I have just ordered a box of Boxers and have high hopes.

roy.r
CreekEnd, UK