Saturday, September 13, 2008

Limited Performance: Camacho Corojo Diploma

Touted as a strong smoke, the Camacho Corojo Diploma (natural) is anything but, and is alarmingly one-dimensional. I was so disappointed in the unbelievable blandness of this cigar that I almost gave up after two inches.

However, I stuck with it, because even a bland Camacho is twice as good as a your average cigar. Eventually, the third inch began to produce some warmer, peppery flavor. The last inch peaked with some moderately potent steak-like fullness, just enough to make me wish that the entire cigar had smoked this way.

This might be a case of "one bad cigar" from the bunch, but I'll probably not buy another. They are somewhat expensive (box for $150 or so) and I was lucky enough to receive this one from a friend.

On the whole, a disappointing Camacho. If you like the Fuente/Upmann type of naturals or have tried and liked the similarly mild Camacho 1962 series, you might enjoy the Diploma. However, the 1962 is a much cheaper smoke and for my money a better cigar. To be honest, you'd be best off buying a box of Jericho robustos, which are equal in strength, smoother in flavor, good from beginning to end and--guess what--one-fifth the price of the Corojo Limited.

Stay away from all the above if you are hoping for the meaty fullness that I've come to treasure in my favorite Camachos such as SLR, Maduro, Coyolar, and even the Candelas. Great strong smokes that are worth every penny.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blogger just ate my last comment --here I go again...

Shock! Astonishment! I think you got a bum stick, my friend. I've smoked several Diplomas over the years and my experience was the polar opposite of yours. If you look at the reviews at Top25Cigar.com you'll find nary a "bland" or "medium-bodied" in sight. This cigar is a giant killer. I hope you'll try it again some time because your experience was anomalous, to say the least!

calendars said...

Cigarette smoking is really bad for the health. Smoke moderately.

personalized calling cards said...

What then is your job is there is limited performance? You have to do something.

Christmas Cards said...

Don't limit your performance. Keep it upgraded.

Thank You Christmas cards said...

Well, one thing that I can say is that, the cigar being produced is one of the best.

Anonymous said...

It is better that if you smoke, just do it moderately.

christmas party invitations said...

Camacho Corojo Diploma is of good quality indeed. You may never know its essence if you won't try it. Try this cigar.

MarkBlog3 said...

Camacho Corojo Diploma is bad cigar I must say. I tried it before and I wouldn't buy another. Its better to stay away from those.

A Gentle, Effective way of Chiropractic Treatment For All Ages Seattle chiropractic