Thursday, November 6, 2008

Oliva Series G Cameroon Torpedo

Let me start by saying that I am a big Oliva Series G cameroon fan. I discovered this brand last year when reviewing the Cigar Aficionado "Best of 2006" list, and found the short robusto featured as one of the cheapest cigars on the list. I immediately bought several and found them to be powerful, sweet and delicious. The robustos are invariably good and live up to their reputation.

Now for the torpedos.

With high expectations going in, of course, I could probably have expected some degree of disappointment. This is indeed the case. The torpedo lights, burns and smokes well, but is somewhat muted in flavor and power compared to the robusto. However, if a medium bodied experience is your preference over a fuller-bodied one, the torpedo is for you.

The Series G torpedo holds it's character well and is smokeable to the nub. That being said, I still prefer the robustos, which are higher powered and more exhilarating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for an honest review. I prefer a mild to moderate cigar rather than one that "knocks your socks off" I too am a fan of Oliva cigars. I have smoked the "O" series and loved them. I can't wait to try the "G" series in the Torpedo format.