Sunday, December 7, 2008

Blue Label Torpedo by Gran Habano

Not much to say about the Blue Label torpedo. I won a five-pack of these for 7 bucks on cigarbid. Now I know the reason why: It's a mediocre smoke.

It's a huge, elegant-looking torpedo, brown and rich-looking, impressive if you're into length and visual appeal. It lights easily, draws well, and produces a hefty volume of smoke. For some dudes, that would be enough.

Not for me. The flavor is a dull mixture faintly suggestive of cardboard, lemon peels, and old socks.

This is great cigar if you are drunk, playing golf, or otherwise not paying attention to your tastebuds. If you're sitting in a lounge chair, sipping a highball, and hoping for glorious epicurean relaxation, you're gonna be mighty disappointed.

Go get 'em, bargain hunters.

Remotely similar to:
5-Vegas (classic) torpedo.
Nestor Reserve Maduro torpedo
Montecristo Media Noche Edmundo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got spammed from CI with an incredible deal on those Blues. I'm glad I came looking for an opinion and found yours. Thanks for taking the time.

Unknown said...

I found them to be not too bad. I prefer these over the Roland Reyes Sr. Pirates Gold cigars. Much better construction, tastes better, and they're just as cheap as well. I order from CI all the time, hard to find prices like theirs. Cigar.com comes close most of the time.

Anonymous said...

They own cigar.com (CI/CIgarbid)...I love them all....

Anonymous said...

Actually, cigar.com only shares the warehouse with CI. They are separate companies with separate owners....Had another one that I found in my humidor. Mellowed a bit with age, but was a nice smoke. -Greg

Cigar said...

Thanks for providing the information about Blue Label Torpedo. I knew little bit about these cigars. But with your that blog I have got interesting info. I will definitely try to have these cigars. Actually I use to purchase cigars from cigarsdirect.com. It is the online dealer of international brands of cigars. I think Blue Label Torpedo would be also here: http://www.Cigarsdirect.com. Thanks Again.

Anonymous said...

I am avid cigar smoker who found your site by accident. I was enjoying your interesting interpretations of the many cigars you smoke until I got here. The Blue Label is an extremely well made cigar that with the right amount of rest smokes extremely well and tastes great. Had you said I don't prefer this cigar I could have moved on and continued enjoying your site, but, you are so far off base here, I now think you may be full of crap and just messing with people in the reviews you write. Lemon peel? Are you stoned?