Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cigars Shouldn't Taste Like Plastic: Onyx Reserve Mini-Belicoso

The Onyx Reserve apparently won a 94 rating a couple years back. Well, I wonder which size, because the Mini Belicoso is an underperformer.

Honestly, this cigar tasted like burning plastic for the first 15 minutes or so. Then it opened up and started tasting like burnt rubber, then burnt toast. By the last ten minutes it was tasting like a good maduro cigar.

This has got to be the strangest-tasting cigar I have ever smoked. I'm afraid to try another one.

1 comment:

doc8466 said...

I've had the same experience with a few maduros. I'd love to get an explanation as to what causes it and if it can be avoided somehow. I've found the only way to minimize it is to 'sip' the cigar ever so lightly and the plastic taste/smell is minimized at least enough so that I can enjoy what other flavors are there.