Monday, March 16, 2009

Camacho Breakfast Kick-Start: 10th Anniversary robusto

The Camacho 10th Anniversary Robusto is actually more like a Rothschild in size (4.5" x 50) but quite a powerhouse that delivers a long-duration smoke despite its short size.

This husky, peppery tenderloin steak of a cigar should probably not be ingested before noon, which is exactly what I did. This thing just about knocked me out of my chair, leaving me a swirling mass of dizzy-headed jelly. The flavor however was superb, as were the draw and burn. I only had to re-light once, which is pretty good for a Camacho (for some reason, most Camachos require at least two touch-ups, but they taste great all the way to the nub - a tradeoff I'm more than willing to take).

There's a reason people pay high prices for the 10th Anniversary line. That reason, I now see, is quality. The cheaper Camacho Corojo figurado, in comparison, is nearly as good in flavor but a notch down in power and fullness. Serious Camacho fans love that extra strength and meatiness that few other brands can match.

I was able to nab this 10th Anniversary robusto for $5 on the "singles" bidding section at cigarbid. It was worth it, and I wish I had more.
-------------

No comments: