Thursday, July 8, 2010

Finally a Good Hemingway: Short Story

Had my second Fuente Hemingway "Short Story" (teeny mini-perfecto) since trying one about 2 years ago and being generally unimpressed. This time I had to admit it was a quality smoke. It's the first Hemingway I've had that's burned right and tasted good from beginning to end.

I might change my opinion on the Hemingway cigar hysteria if I start getting more experiences like this. One thing I did differently was snip a tiny bit off the tapered foot so it would light easier. I've never had to do that with other perfectos, but it really seemed to make a difference on this one. The burn was consistent and the flavor stayed rich and robust.

I got this one from Cigars Direct and they take obvious care in their warehousing and shipping.

A nice little 30-minute cigar if you can afford it.

5 comments:

Tampa Cigar Examiner said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the Short Story. I like this size as well. I smoke them a little slower though. The Short Story is probably a 30 to 40 minute smoke for me.

Cigar Scholar said...

Good stuff! Keep up the good work.

CS

Anonymous said...

These are great to recommend to newer smokers- thanks for the snipping tip!

Stogieboys said...

I have always had a good experience with these, I agree with Tampa too.... it's usually at least a half hour for me as well

99 Cigar Guy said...

Ok guys, you're right. It did take me about 30 minutes to smoke this. I updated it in the review.