Wednesday, June 10, 2009

ITC 10th Anniversary robusto

Just a brief note while it's still fresh in my mind:

The Rocky Patel ITC 10th Anniversary is an excellent mid-strength robusto, and not deserving of the lackluster reviews I've seen by others on the web.

If you like Indian Tabac and Rocky Patel blends in general, you will probably like this cigar. I myself am definitely in the target market.

This cigar tastes great from the get-go, like a cross between an Indian Tabac "classic" corojo and the earthier, stronger blends from the Vintage and Super Fuerte series. It has subtlety, body and a smooth, long finish. Flavors are a nice balance between wood, incense, and earthy spices. It has an easy draw and a warm richness not quite as dense as the super-expensive Olde World corojo, but softer and just as satisfying in its own less intrusive way.

Another way to think about it might be: Indian Tabac maduro with extra silk and cream stirred into the mix.

My only complaint was that about halfway through, the wrapper started to flake and unravel near the head. This might have been because I set it too close the grill while barbecuing. However, a little shaggy-head is not enough to bring this cigar down: I smoked it to the nub. Sometimes I welcome a little warmth and loosening towards the end.

I won a this robusto for $3 on cigarbid singles. I would love to smoke more and will probably bid on a five-pack soon. In any case they are worth their list price, which is about $100 per box.
------------------------

No comments: