Monday, March 15, 2010

La Flor Dominicana Ligero L-250 Oscuro

Wow, what an incredible little cigar! If you love the double ligero chiselito maduros, this cigar is very much like it, without the gimmicky duck-bill "chisel head." The leathery hickory flavor is in full evidence, the nice powdery mouth-feel is there, the draw is full, and the smoke is cooler than you'd expect in a petite corona.

This one smokes a bit sweeter than the chiselito, and demands patience, especially as you smoke it down toward the nub. I smoked it too fast at the end and got some bitter moments in the last third. That was my fault: If I had slowed down and waited another 30 seconds between puffs, it probaby would have been fine.

I smoked this in a fairly stiff breeze while manning the barbecue. I can only imagine the robust experience this would provide in a tranquil, wind-free environment.

It's not a cheap little cigar, but it's a good one.

No comments: