Sunday, September 19, 2010

Nestor Miranda 1989 Oscuro

The Nestor Miranda 1989 Oscuro robusto is a good, medium bodied cigar similar in flavor to the Nestor Miranda Special Selection blend that came out about 2 years ago--but a much better cigar, in my opinion. The 1989 maduro has more depth, subtlety and character while erasing most of the bitter tendencies that were an unfortunate hallmark of the Special Selections.

In various websites and distributor catalogs the 1989 oscuro is also referred to as a "maduro" - so I believe they are one and the same.

If the progression from the "Special Selection" to the "1989" represents an ongoing trend, I can't wait for the next blend to arrive from Nestor Miranda. The brand seems to be getting better every year.

This cigar is appropriately priced - about $70 per box of 20 - and is quite a bargain if you can win singles like I did on cigarbid for a mere $2.00.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After reading your review,and being a Nestor Miranda fan, I had to bid on some today. Yeah, I hate the new Cigar Bid site but I had to try to snatch up a few.
Sticks