Sunday, September 19, 2010

New Cigarbid Interface Design - OUCH!

What are the folks over at cigarbid thinking? Their new web interface is horrible, hard to read, less compact and generally irritating.

Why do marketing departments feel a need to completely re-tool their websites every 2 years, no matter what? Guys, the old cigarbid was working just fine. It was easy to use. It was easy to understand. You could see everything on one continuous page. You had figured it out! It worked! Now you've thrown it all away!

Oh well. I'm sure I'll be back to bid as soon as my supply runs down.

Meanwhile I'm staying away. May be a good time for the rest of you early adopters to go out there and win some cheap bids, while the fogies like me sit in the dark, steaming.

Creative destruction. Web 3.9. Go figure. All the cosmetic change just wears me out. Jeez just give me a cigar.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really nailed it. I hate the new Cigar Bid site and I was just there to voice my opinion. The site was great for a quick bid and run because everything was wide open easy to see the status of old and new items out for bid. Now it clunky and not very easy to see the whole picture. Good thing I just completed a slug of bids.
Sticks of MN

Famous Shemtov said...

What do you guys think of Cigar Auctioneer?

http://www.cigarauctioneer.com/

99 Cigar Guy said...

Cigar Auctioneer's interface sucks just as much as the new one a cigarbid. Looks it was done by the same marketing and design team.

In fact I'm starting to think that every online cigar store is owned by the same mega-distributor.

Thank God I've got enough cigars to last 4 years. I never want to go to cigarbid again.

Famous Shemtov said...

Cigar Auctioneer is pretty easy to navigate, everything you need is up in the menu, the old version was clunky as hell.

Famous Smoke operates Cigar Auctioneer, and CI operates cigarbid. CI just got bought out by a mega company, Famous is one of the last remaining independent retailers out there.

Anonymous said...

Yeah,to me Cigar Auctioneer wasn't much better for me. I just won a ton of bids on Cigar Bid and I hated every time I had to go to that site. I have enough sticks for two years so if I need something special, I am going to bite the bullet and pay high prices at a B&M some singles.
Sticks