Thursday, May 20, 2010

Casa Magna Pikito: Best Petite Corona Ever?

I got the Casa Magna Pikito (i.e. petite corona) from Cigars Direct and it looked so good I had to fire it up without giving it any humidor rest. It's a petite corona with a magnificent looking brown wrapper, and it burns and tastes as good as it looks.

I've tried many small cigars over the years, trying to find one that performs as well (or nearly as well) as a top-line robusto. Finally, I've found it. The Casa Magna Pikito is hands-down the best burning and best-tasting petite corona I've ever experienced.

The flavor is medium bodied and full of nuanced, balanced flavors that are hard to pin down because so various and complex. I would characterize them as very deep woody flavors with tones coffee, brown sugar and spice underneath.

The cigar lit easily, had a perfect draw, and performed excellently all the way to the nub. I was in cigar heaven for nearly an hour. This cigar is the closest you will likely get to saying: It smokes just like a big-ring cigar.

Very mysteriously, the order page at Cigars Direct features this statement: "Casa Magna is not intended for online sale but at Cigarsdirect always find a way to bring the best and most sought after cigars to our customers. Don't miss out on this fabulous new line!"

I guess if you're quiet about it, they'll let you order online. I'd recommend you try at least a 5-pack of these and it may change your attitude about petite coronas. A petite corona doesn't have to be a tight, harsh, crappy tasting cigar. It can be fabulous, like the Casa Magna Pikito.

5 comments:

Modern Greetings said...

Cigarette is dangerous to one's health. I hope that if people are into smoking, please do protect your health.

personalized calling cards said...

But be sure that you still have time to take care of your health.

Christmas Cards said...

Is this the best petite corona? Well, thanks for this information.

Anonymous said...

Damned spambot. I will NEVER order anything from Modern Greeting Cards. Their spambot just posted three consecutive robot messages.

Good review of the Pikito, though. I will order some and give them a try.

MarkBlog3 said...

@ Anonymous. Just do what you do bro.

I've most of this article by cigar guy and most are cigar article. Well informed blog. Keep it up.

A Gentle, Effective way of Chiropractic Treatment For All Ages Seattle chiropractic