Friday, May 14, 2010

RP ITC 10th Anniversary Toro

Slight disappointment with the Rocky Patel ITC 10th Anniversary toro. First half was great, just like the other ITC 10ths I've tried (robusto and torpedo) but the second half had bitter notes that compromised the experience.
 
In addition, there was significant unravelling at the head. By the time I abandoned this cigar (with about 2 inches left on the nub) it was looking pretty splintery. I don't mind a delicate wrapper but my patience wears thin when the flavor drops off.
  
People are consistently winning 5-packs of ITC 10th Aniversaries on cigarbid for $11 and sometimes even $9. In addition, Cigars International has recently had special offers on boxes as low as $49.95. A real deal. Howver, I would not recommend the toro.Try the robusto or the torpedo; they're top-line Rocky Patel bargains that taste great and burn well despite the flaking. 

No comments: