Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Cameroon With a Kick: Oliva Series G

Sally and I finally got through the final episode of "Northern Exposure" and she actually shed a tear. This is the second TV series we've rented and watched all the way through - the first being "Sex in the City." You can guess which show I enjoyed more.

To commemorate, I smoked an Oliva Series G Cameroon robusto. Chosen, frankly, because it's the shortest cigar in my humidor and it was already 11:00 p.m. But the choice turned out to be excellent. A perfect little 45-minute smoke. A cameroon with a kick. Saucy little wench. Hint of sweetness, and quite a bit of power for a cigar that small. Sally even admitted it was good, and all she ever likes are Gurkhas or the dreaded Swishers.

I'm impressed by the differences between various cameroons out there, for example the Carlos Torano Cameroon - powdery and refined - and the Olive G cameroon - full and tangy. This is the second Oliva G cameroon I've smoked, and it confirmed my hurried and overstressed experience with the first - namely, that these little sticks are every bit as good as their 11th place 2006 ranking in Cigar Aficionado would imply.

I'm going to buy some more of the G-babies as soon as I can. They're on sale at Famous, 5 for 10 bucks. When you see a low price like that, you wonder if there's something wrong with the production run. In this case, there isn't. They're a steal.

1 comment:

Ethan said...

I had chosen Oliva Series G Cameroon for my dad. Thankfully, my dad enjoyed smoking this cigar. I had bought it two years ago. Could I find this type of cigar now? Where should I buy it? Thanks